2 Day Alice Springs to Adelaide Express (Underground Bunkhouse)
- What to bring:
- Carry on bag. Bag for clothing (stored in trailer). Any special medication needs you have. Toiletries including towels. Warm clothing including long sleeve tops & pants. Shorts & t-shirts. Fly Nets(purchased on board). Insect Repellant, hat, sunscreen. Water Bottle.
- Fitness level required:
- Departure points:
- Alice Springs, Northern Territory
- Departure time:
6:30 AM Sat
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Departs selected Saturdays. Pick up at Alice Springs Hostels at 6.30am
- 2 days
- Approximate Return Time:
- Drop off at Central Adelaide Hostels approx 6.00pm
- Heading Bush Outback Adventures
- Adelaide and Coober Pedy
- Departs From
- Alice Springs
Overnight and underground at Coober Pedy!
SMALL GROUP TOUR
✓ Complimentary pick-up and drop off
✓ Professional, accredited tour guide/driver
✓ Comfortable air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
✓ Explorer Highway
✓ Coober Pedy underground mine tour with the opportunity to buy opal direct from the mine
✓ Underground bunkhouse accommodation in Coober Pedy (dormitory style)
✓ One continental breakfast
✓ Desert salt lakes
✓ Southern Flinders Ranges
DAY 1Alice Springs – Coober Pedy
Travel south down the Explorer Highway, east of the A.P.Y. aboriginal lands to Marla. After a
lunch break it’s on to the largest opal mining field in the world, Coober Pedy! Heading into
town we will pass the extensive mining operations that help make this place so unique.
Coober Pedy is a town where people live underground to escape the harsh desert conditions.
Homes are mined out of the rock and provide an average temperature of 18°C.
Explore Coober Pedy by night and enjoy a meal at one of the local restaurants or cafés that
are a part of this outback town.
Overnight: Underground budget accommodation.
Meals: at own expense.
DAY 2 Coober Pedy – Adelaide
Depart Coober Pedy 6.30 am.
After breakfast we head south again, through the desert country of northern South Australia,
past the great expanses of salt lakes which make up some of this enormous desert country.
Enjoy a lunch break in Port Augusta, the cross roads of Australia.
Witness a dramatic change in the landscape as we travel along the western side of the
magnificent Flinders Ranges, one of the oldest mountain ranges on earth.
Arrive Adelaide at approximately 6.00 pm.